Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Happy Wanawersary

Yesterday was my ranarusary.  9 hot banging years.  Yup.  We spent the day being homeschooler parents.  It was neat.  We went on a homeschool field trip. Homeschoolers are neat creatures.  I can say this because I was homeschooled.  So, I have the green go card that says "you may make homeschooler jokes".  I love making homeschooler jokes.  Honestly, it's like an out-of-jail-free card.  Because, if there is EVER a moment where you make a blundering mistake - educationally, or your pals are talking about something that you have no idea what they're talking about, or maybe even you wear something just a little bit awesome - it's just a simple "I was homeschooled".  It's down right magical.  You will get the soft nervy chuckles when you say that.  But that's it.  They don't make fun of you - they just understand.  I love it.  And still use it - 15 years later.

Ok, so homeschooley day.  It was a treasure.  We got to check out what life was like back in the old days.  Like Farmer Boy era.  Murnice loved it.  Big D came too.  And we spent the day holding hands for 1/2 second intervals and making out.  Ew.  It was a mild mid 70s.  The wind was blowing thru the tall weedy grass.  And we were having as a romantic time as could be on homeschooley day.  My mind is thinking "my, I think this is my favorite kranakrusary yet".

But then something happened.  We were in the wood carving shop.  Mmmm the smells of freshly shaved wood.  The light, gently sending soft pats of love through the dusty windows onto the worn floors. I'm falling gently in love with the moment.  Big D walks up behind me and very sweetly rubs my arm.  He bends his head over close to my ear, peaks down my shirt, and says "babe, I was wondering what you thought about-" . . . . .

And I thought he was going to say "going out to get something to eat tonight"  or "going to the beach tonight" or "hiding over there in that corner and doing it" or "inviting friends over for a pizza party tonight"

 . . .  . .

No.  Instead, he said:  "babe, I was wondering what you thought about me going out with Rich and Wade tonight".


WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you kidding the sheep skin off my butt right now?  That's not actually what I said.  I think it included some pirate verbiage.  I lost my poopy squirts for about 3 minutes.  I ran out of that romantic wood shaving shed and hollared and tooted and roared.  And asked Betty Boop if she could believe what just happened in there.  And asked Honey (because she came too) if she could believe what just happened in there.  Hot dingle berry.  Are you for real?  Did you, did you really just ask me that question?

And then poor Big D who clearly did not place his head on properly that morning, came around to his senses and apologized.  He got on his knees and begged forgiveness.  I did.  I forgave him.  Because Jesus tells us to.

 And then we held hands again in 1/2 second intervals and made out.

Take Aways
1)  Homeschooler friends are neat.  They're full of jokes.
2)  Romantic moments rarely work.
3)  After 9 years Big D is catching on slowly and realizing that stupid questions are not appreciated.
4)  I love when he apologizes.
5)  Old tool sheds are perfect ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment