Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Big D and Me

Today marks the 9th year of holy sexual intercourse that Big D and I have been having.  In other words, it's our pannypersary.  And I'm not going to say, "I married my best friend X amount of years ago" and other gobble-de-gook of love and twinkle dust in our eyes.  Jesus sure knows that good times have not been had by all.  Being married has been nothing but a fight, and a good kick to the shin and a twist of the nipples and a jab to the kidneys.  I'm still waiting for this so called "honeymoon" phase to kick in . . .

Bruver Bear Bobby just asked me this past weekend if Big D was the love of my life.  The answer is no.  The love of my life came and went and my life partner went and came.

So, in honor of 9 years of wedded knock-'em sock-'em, here is a list of Big D greatness.  To you, Big D.  Happy punnypurpery

1)  I love that you wear your beard, even tho you dye it.
2)  I love that you can still make me giggle like a lunatic.
3)  I love that we have arguments about who's turn it really is to change the huge turdy diaper.
4)  I love that you gobble up all the food I make with vin and vigor - even when I make diarrhea bowl. (In layman's terms - homemade mac and cheese - which gives us the squirts for days.)
5)  I love when you sing me songs like "what's green and black and hot all over" in an out-of-tune falsetto voice, and then you jump into Michael Scott's "feeling hot, hot, hot" - all because you think I look so tasty, when I actually look like a drowned sewer rat.
6)  I love when you say, "let's have drunken sex" and then we both fall asleep on the couch after 1 sip of wine.
7)  I love that you love all my bruver and sister bears.
8)  I love that you fight just as dirty as me.  Actually, no.  I hate it.  I wish you would be the bigger person.
8)  I love that you care enough about your ninnies to sign up for big boy races, even tho it makes me nervy.
9)  I love that you're man enough to take reproof.
10) I love that you try your hardest to learn new tricks - unless it's closing the shower curtain.

That's all I want to say.

I hope that you will always look for the fun in life and always come home to me.

Take Aways
1)  Just because something is miserably hard, doesn't mean that it's bad.
2)  Just because something is miserably hard, doesn't mean that it's not fun.
3)  Just because something is miserably hard, doesn't mean that it's not rewarding.


2 comments:

  1. 6) I love when you say, "let's have drunken sex" and then we both fall asleep on the couch after 1 sip of wine.

    favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that something you're familiar with?

    ReplyDelete